Step by step details for Mobile Number porting (MNP -India)
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) allow everyone to use any telecom company like airtel, vodafone,BSNL, MTS etc without changing the phone number. This option is very helpful because now a days all the government/private sector applications and other documents asking to provide the mobile number. In such cases, we are in trouble to update the latest number at right time. So India government introduced mobile number portability service for everyone in India.Success rate is less if the MNP procedures are not completed by the party. Please read the below steps/directions before applying.
Here we will direct you how to do MNP in India.
Follow the below Steps:
- Create a new sms and type PORT 9895000000 [<- this should be your mobile number need to be port ] and send this to 1900.
- You will get Unique Porting Code(UPC) from the number 1901.
3.Here the government directions from TRAI website: Mobile Number Portability – MNP – India – Directions PDF
- Contact the new service provider and ask them to provide Customer Acquisition Form (CAF) and Mobile Number Porting Form.
- You will receive 8 digits UPC code from your current operator. That UPC will be valid for next 15 days.
- After filling all the details and submit your application with documentary proof to the new mobile service provider. Please note that if you are a postpaid customer, then you need to give a copy of your last received bill.
- Take new SIM Card from your new mobile service provider and keep it.
- Within 7 days, your presently using SIM card will stop working. You can now start using your new SIM card with your new mobile operator.
Following directions need to be checked before trying to port your number to the new service provider.
1) Mobile number should be at least 90 days old with your current Mobile operator.
2) You must pay all of your outstanding bills/amount to the current mobile operator. If they requested the running month amount, then you need to give that also.
3) After filling MNP Form, within 2-3 days both the Mobile operators will call you and for confirmation of Porting request. These calls need to be answered and given all required information properly. Otherwise your request will delay or rejected.
4) If the mobile number sponsored by the company, ie: CUG connection, then you need to collect “No Objection Certificate” NOC from your company HR team.(For postpaid).
5) Your application will be rejected if the subscriber name is different in your mobile bill and the name in your ID proof submitted to the new service provider. ie: your current name mentioned in the postpaid bill and your name in the ID Proof submitted to new provider should be same. Otherwise it will be rejected.
6) Mobile number and the operator should be in the same state. ie: if your previous operator in one state and new operator in another state is not possible.
It is not mandatory the new mobile operator has to accept your MNP request and provide their mobile services. New service providers have the option to deny if the services for any of the above reasons or according to their company policies.
We request you to read the this regulations from Telecom Regulatory Authority, India
The process for porting your mobile number from following are the same.
- Vodafone to BSNL, vodafone to Airtel, Vodafone to Idea
- BSNL to Airtel, BSNL to Idea, BSNL to Docomo
- Idea to BSNL, Idea to Airtel, Idea to MTNL
Or any other transfers.