Home Telecom List of Telecom operators in India

List of Telecom operators in India

25
1
SHARE

Here by publishing the list of telecom operators in India with their subscribers details.There are eleven Telecom operators in India, they are Airtel, Vodafone India, Idea Cellular, Reliance
Communications, Aircel, BSNL, Tata DoCoMo, Telenor, MTS, Jio and MTNL. The Airtel, is an  Indian global telecommunication services company used GSM, EDGE, HSPA+, LTE and LTE-A technologies. It got a first position based on the Telecom operators’ rank with 254 million Subscribers. This largest mobile network operator shares 64% of market to the Bharti Enterprises and remaining 36% to the SingTel. In the case of Vodafone India, is a second largest telecom operator in India with 199 million customers. This mobile operator provides GSM, EDGE, HSPA+ and LTE technologies. It shares 100% of market to the vodafone Group. According to Trust Research Advisory, the vodafone has ranked as the 16th most trusted brand in India.

The third largest mobile network operator is Idea Cellular, which got 176 million Subscribers. This operator offers GSM, EDGE, HSPA+ and LTE technologies. It’s 19.96% of market share transferred to the Axiata Group Berhad. Next position got by Reliance Communications with 134 million customers. This mobile operator provides GSM, EDGE, HSPA+, WiMAX and LTE technologies. It’s 100 % market share owned by Reliance industries. The Aircel is a fifth largest mobile operator with 88.26 million customers. This Aircel used GSM, EDGE, HSPA+ and TD-LTE technology. It’s 74% of market share owned by Maxis Communications and remaining 26% has been given to Sindya Securities and Investments. Next position got by state owned BSNL with 88.24 million customers. BSNL is an India’s oldest communication service. Jio or Reliance Jio, formally called as Infotel Broadband Services Limited and Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited. This mobile operator provides 4G by using LTE technology. It’s 100 % of market share owned by Reliance Industries. The Jio got 5 million subscribers recently and fast growing by providing fastest 4G services throughout India.

Telecom-operators-in-India

List of Telecom operators in India with subscribers details

Telecom operators
Rank in India
Operator’s Name Technology Subscribers
in million
Owned by
1 Airtel GSM, EDGE, HSPA+, LTE, LTE-A,  TD-LTE 263.09 Bharti Enterprises (64%)
SingTel (36%)
2 ,Vodafone India GSM, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA+, LTE 201.90 Vodafone Group
3 Idea Cellular GSM, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA+, TD-LTE 190.52 Aditya Birla Group (49.05%)
Axiata Group Berhad (19.96%)
Providence Equity (10.6%)
4 Reliance
Communications
GSM, EDGE, HSPA+, WiMAX, LTE 134 Reliance industries(100%)
5 Aircel GSM, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA+, EVDO WiMA WiFi 90.34 Maxis Communications (74%)
Sindya Securities
and Investments(26%)
6 BSNL GSM, EDGE, HSPA+, CDMA2000, EVDO,WiMAX 94.95 State-owned
7 Tata DoCoMo GSM,EDGE, UMTS, HSPA+, CDMA, EVDO, WiMAX 55.70 Tata Teleservices (74%)
NTT DoCoMo (26%)
8 Telenor India GSM, EDGE, TD-LTE 53.02 Telenor Group
9 MTS India CDMA2000, EVDO 6.71 Sistema (56.68%)
Shyam Group (23.98)

Government of Russia (17.14%)

10 Jio LTE 5 Reliance Industries (100%)
11 MTNL GSM, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA 3.61 State-owned

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here